"The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less." Socrates
This quote is older than you and me. Older than any will, trust, plan we have.
But, these words, are relavent today.
How do we begin the conversation with our children, families, friends concerning what we do possess, the mass of items we possess now?
How do we downsize, gift, unload what no longer brings us joy?
Who helps us?
Who understands the difficulty of this task?
My answer -
1. Attend a "Stuff" workshop.
2. Meet like minded folks who are attempting the same sorting and downsizing you are.
3. Learn concrete ideas that work - real actions to take.
4. Have specific tasks to complete each month for 6 months, with accountability.
5. Celebrate small successes as you work toward the big one - completion of your
sorting, organizing, discarding.
Enjoy less. Celebrate more.